GRACE LUTHERAN CHURCH – Amid the COVID-19 pandemic
March 17, 2020
Dear Brothers and Sisters of Grace,
We are writing to let you know how your church is responding to the COVID-19 situation. Grace received a letter from Bishop Mansholt in our Synod office strongly encouraging us to cease corporate worship to comply with the Centers for Disease Control’s recommendation to cancel gatherings of 10 or more people for the next 8 weeks. The council conferred and agreed to abide by the Bishop’s recommendation. The exact length of this interruption is not known at this time, but we will respond as appropriate as the situation changes. Below is a list of the decisions made so far:
- In the interim we will continue to have a live streamed service every Sunday morning at 9:00, and Wednesday at 1:00pm during Lent. You will also be able to watch the service anytime on our YouTube channel. You can access both by going to Grace’s website at www.gracelutherantomahawk.org, click on the link (about mid page).
- Visitation (home and hospital) will be discontinued unless it is an emergency. Please contact the church office or one of the pastors as needed.
- Lenten soup meals will be discontinued.
- GLOW is done for the season and will resume in the fall.
- Sunday School is done for the season and will resume in the fall.
- Confirmation is done for the season and will resume in the fall. Watch info via email regarding lessons at home.
- Tuesday morning Quilting will not meet.
- Tuesday Bible Studies will not meet.
- The Home Show has been canceled so there will not be a Church Ladies Diner
- The visit from our South African friends has been canceled for this year.
The church office will remain open. Please contact them via phone or email with any concerns or questions.
We do have the gift cards for Ben’s Bloomers and Cerny’s Greenhouse available again this year. These are sold to support the Wilderness trip this summer. The cards are available in the office until we are able to start meeting again.
Lastly, while we will not be able to meet together for a time, we will still have our bills to pay. We understand that there may be some financial hardship experienced during this period, but we would ask that you continue to support our ministry and mission as you are able with your offerings. Offerings can be mailed or made on our website. Now might be a time to consider signing up for online giving. This can be accessed from our website also or you can pick up a form at the church office.
Thank you all for your patience and cooperation as we live through the changes and inconvenience caused by this pandemic.
13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
Steve Garrison – Church Council President
Gary Brandenburg – Interim Pastor